REPOZYTORIUM UNIWERSYTETU
W BIAŁYMSTOKU
UwB

Proszę używać tego identyfikatora do cytowań lub wstaw link do tej pozycji: http://hdl.handle.net/11320/1389
Tytuł: Rozwój sieci kościołów parafialnych, rektoralnych i pomocniczych w archidiecezji w Białymstoku w latach 1945-1989
Inne tytuły: The Development of a Net of Parish, Rector, and Auxiliary Churches in the Archdiocese of Białystok in 1945-1989
Autorzy: Kasabuła, Tadeusz
Data wydania: 2007
Data dodania: 5-sie-2014
Wydawca: Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu w Białymstoku
Źródło: Rocznik Teologii Katolickiej, T. 6, 2007, s. 158-176
Abstrakt: As a result of the change of borders after World War II, one tenth of the pre‑war archdiocese of Vilnius – an area of 5,550 square kilometers with 51 parishes, around 100 priests and around 250,000 faithful – was incorporated into the state of Poland. After the arrival of the metropolitan bishop of Vilnius Romuald Jałbrzykowski in Białystok, a temporary administrative unit of apostolic administration was formed under the name of the Archdiocese of Białystok. An immediate effort to expand the network of parishes, restore the damaged churches and build new ones was undertaken. Due to a temporary favor with the authorities, 20 new pastoral centers were organized in the archdiocese of Białystok between 1945 and 1952. During that time, 10 new parishes and 10 auxiliary churches were created. After 1952, the communist government would not grant permits for building churches or creating parishes. Permits were granted exclusively for restoring churches destroyed during the war. Because of that, not a single new parish was created in the Archdiocese of Białystok between 1953 and 1973. However, as many as four independent vicariates were created, able to carry out the pastoral work of a parish, but due to the lack of approval from the government unable to formally enjoy the status of a parish. The number of sacral buildings increased due to the erection of four newly-built auxiliary churches. As a result of that, in 1973 the Archdiocese of Białystok had over 60 parish churches, five independent vicariates and 20 auxiliary churches. Between 1973 and 1979 efforts to improve the relations between the Church and the state were undertaken, which led to a modest liberalization in the state’s restrictive policy on erecting churches. Consequently, between 1973 and 1979 eight new parishes were created in the Archdiocese of Białystok, as well as six new auxiliary chapels. In 1969, the Archdiocese of Białystok had 68 parish churches, three independent vicariates and 21 auxiliary churches. The years between 1980 and 1989 witnessed enormous religious zeal on the part of the faithful and numerous government permits for building new churches and creating new parishes. In 1989, right before the fall of communism, the Archdiocese of Białystok had a total of 99 church structures, including 76 parish churches, five independent vicariates and 18 auxiliary chapels and churches. Altogether, between 1945 and 1989 the Archdiocese of Białystok gained 32 new parishes (including the vicariates), which constituted 40% of all the parish churches in 1989. Additionally, there were numerous auxiliary churches and public chapels. Other church buildings that we have today were built in independent Poland.
Afiliacja: Uniwersytet w Białymstoku
Opis: Ks. Tadeusz Kasabuła
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/11320/1389
DOI: 10.15290/rtk.2007.06.14
ISSN: 1644-8855
Typ Dokumentu: Article
Występuje w kolekcji(ach):Artykuły naukowe (KTK)
Rocznik Teologii Katolickiej, 2007, tom VI

Pliki w tej pozycji:
Plik Opis RozmiarFormat 
RTK_6_2007_Kasabula.pdf142,02 kBAdobe PDFOtwórz
Pokaż pełny widok rekordu Zobacz statystyki


Pozycje w RUB są chronione prawem autorskim, z zastrzeżeniem wszelkich praw, chyba że zaznaczono inaczej.